||An assortment of interviews, articles, etc., from over the years:
- "Torben Ulrich: 90 years of tennis & art", video blog by Swedish journlist Mats Ögren Wanger (2018).
- Interview with T.U. by Lars Larsen of The Center for Life Quality at Aarhus University in Denmark. (PDF; in Danish; see p. 1, 3, 14+.) (English translation.)
- Interview with T.U. and Lars Ulrich in the March 2018 issue of the Danish magazine Ud & Se.
- "Torben The First", Tennis magazine, September 1971.
- Podcast with Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated, posted Oct. 27, 2016.
- Article in Euroman, May 2016. (More photos of T by Noel Spirandelli from that shoot.)
- "Torben Ulrich: Still Original", by Lee Tyler, on tennisplayer.net, July 12, 2014.
- T.U. interviewed by Bill Patton on UR10s Network, Dec. 31, 2013.
- Brief glimpse (at 3:01) of T at the net in the far court in a doubles match at Wimbledon in 1969.
- People section, Sports Illustrated, April 13, 1970. About T.U.'s first painting.
- "Net Gains on the Coconut Beat" by Frank Deford, Sports Illustrated, May 10, 1965.
- Interview with T.U. on Danish Radio program Besøgtid.(in danish.) (3/16/09).
- Article in Tennis Best magazine by Corrado Erba. (pdf; in italian)
- "Journey of a Lifetime", by Matt Williams, Deuce Magazine, June 2006.
- T.U. interview by Ken Thomas of RadioTennis.com, Feb. 19, 2006. (no longer online)
- Tennis magazine, "Second Serve: Torben Ulrich", by Allen St. John, June 2005.
- Reference to T.U. in a Deuce magazine article about Gavin Rossdale
of the band Bush, by Murphy Jensen, Spring, 2005.
- "Tro mig...man kan ikke stole på sproget" (a blog) (in danish), May 4, 2005.
- "I Did Not Know That, That's Some Wild Stuff" (a blog), April 2005.
- "The Tennis Week Interview: Torben Ulrich," by Richard Pagliaro, April 15, 2005.
- "Who Was That Bearded Man?" An interview with T.U. by Leah Weathersby of Amazon.com about the film "Some Kind of Monster", and other subjects, Jan. 28, 2005.
- "den legende menneske", by Ane Nordentoft in the Danish magazine reflexioner,
December 2004. (in danish.) Includes a nice photo of T.U. playing.
- "Enter Sandman's Dad", a blog by Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated, Oct. 1, 2004.
- "Torben Ulrich, Metal Gandalf,", a blog after the release of "Some Kind of Monster", July 2004.
- "En Fin Balance," Euroman, June 26, 2003. (in danish.)
- "Philosophy and absorption," Play The Game Conference magazine, 2000. (pdf)
- "The Zen Master of Tennis," Seattle Weekly, June 12, 1991.
- "Net Name-dropping," Pacific Magazine, The Seattle Times, May 31, 1987.
- "Torben Ulrich – Athlete And Sage," Tennis Week, Aug. 11, 1983.
- "The Ageless Guru of Tennis," Pastimes, January 1976.
- "New Wrinkle for Some Old Faces," Sports Illustrated, April 8, 1974.
(About the Tennis Grand Masters Tour.)
- "Trying the Dance of Shiva," Sports Illustrated, Aug 13, 1973.
- "The Not-So-Melancholy Dane," Sports Illustrated, April 7, 1969. (Click "Original layout" there to see the photos.)
- A video clip from Danish television showing part of a match with Kurt Nielsen and T.U.
playing Tony Trabert and Victor Seixas in the 1954 Danish championships.
Some books with references to T.U.:
- "Udspil – samtaler med Torben Ulrich" by Lars Movin, 2004.
Interviews with T.U. about his life. In Danish.
- "Dynamite Doubles" by Helle Sparre Viragh and Jim Schock, 2004.
References to T.U. as inspiration.
- "Jazz, bold & buddhisme", by T.U., edited by Lars Movin, 2003.
An anthology of T.U.'s writings, from the 1940s to the 2000s, including interviews
with "eyewitnesses" about each time period and scene.
- "Tennis for Dummies" by Patrick McEnroe with Peter Bodo, 1998.
The amazon.com listing includes a page about T.U. and practicing against the wall.
- "Too Soon to Panic" by Gordon Forbes, 1997.
Follow-up to "A Handful of Summers" (listed below), covering tennis eras
from Ashe to Agassi.
- "Days of Grace" by Arthur Ashe and Arnold Rampersad, 1994.
A couple of references to T.U., viewable in this amazon.com listing.
- "Remembrances of Games Past" by John Sharnik, 1986.
About the Tennis Grand Masters tour.
- "Powers of Mind" by Adam Smith, 1982.
T.U. featured in "The Sweet Music of the Strings," part of the chapter
"Sport is a Western Yoga."
- "A Handful of Summers" by Gordon Forbes, 1978.
About the tennis tour in the 1950s and '60s. Quite a bit about T.U.